Saturday, July 16, 2011

Dear Critics

I have a bone to pick with you, and I want to get it out of the way before doing my Winnie the Pooh review, because a review is not the place for a soapbox rant, but this has to be said.

This has to be said.

Pixar makes a just for-fun, silly, not extraordinary but smile-creating return to a popular franchise, and gets slammed by critics.

Disney does the exact same thing one month later and gets 91% certified fresh.

Don't tell me there isn't bias. Don't tell me there isn't studio bias.

3 comments:

  1. Hey, Sam / Mygames19 here!

    Just wanted to pop in and say that I totally agree with you, and am disappointed in critics right now, to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  2. VERY good point.
    Of course, everyone knows there's studio bias. (Including from myself, I admit.)
    But I'm not so dependent on Pixar, like many other critics, for my annual entertainment fix that I slam them when they don't follow through. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yowch. I get what you mean. I hate it when stuff like this happens to. I mean, the channel that airs My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic changed a character's appearance and voice because they thought she was an insult to disabled kids and made a big controversy over it, yet characters like Cheese from Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends and Billy from the Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy don't have an eye batted at them! Isn't that just silly?

    ReplyDelete