Saturday, August 20, 2011

Pixar Announses Plots of Two New Films at D23Expo.

Pixar has revealed basic information about not one, but two new Pixar films at Disney's annual convention. this morning. The social media circuit is buzzing, but the most straight forward explanation of what happened remains DisneyPixar's twitter for now:

"What if that life-changing asteroid missed Earth? Director Bob Peterson’s hilarious tale depicts a world where dinosaurs never went extinct."

"From director Pete Docter comes an inventive new film that explores a world that everyone knows, but no one has seen: inside the human mind."

I was honestly expecting to go find the fandom and see the usual mix of "This sounds awesome!" and "This sound stupid." but it appears that, for now, everybody is just happy it's not Toy Story 4. My reply is smack in the middle:

"...What?"

The new films sound really strange. This isn't a reason to like them, because weird is not automatically good and after Newt I'm gun-shy to get excited about a Pixar announcement so early. This isn't a reason to dislike them either, as when I first saw the information about WALL-E it looked so weird I thought it was a Wikipedia prank.

I just find myself casually nodding. "Okay, cool," I say. "Now let's see what happens."

I just want to see what happens next with these films... and Pixar as a whole, in the years to come. I feel like something is changing and is about to create a turning point for the studio. Call it a hunch.

...Okay, maybe I'm a little excited. I love Pixar. Pixar announced new films. Can't complain.

No comments:

Post a Comment